Canon IJ Setup Configuration
Set Up a Wireless Connection with a PIXMA printer
Before attempting to connect the PIXMA printer to the wireless network, please verify that you meet the following two conditions:
- Make sure you have an access point (sometimes called a router or hub) through which you get an Internet connection. Your access point must function fully before proceeding to the next step.
- Make sure you have a computer device, such as a PC, Mac, Tablet, or Smartphone, hereinafter referred to as a computer that is connected successfully to the Internet.
To check if the computer you are going to use with the printer is connected to the network, try viewing a website from your computer.
Use IJ Network Tool To configure the connection (MAC)
- Use IJ Network Tool To configure the connection (MAC)
- Run the Canon IJ Network Tool
If There are any of the following situations, run the Canon IJ Network tool to send the new configuration settings to the printer *:
- You have Exchanged the router or access point
- Want to use a different wireless network
- The router Settings have been changed.
You Must temporarily turn on the printer and the computer using a USB cable to send the information about your printer settings.
- Make sure you are connected to the network (SSID) that you will use with the printer.
- Start IJ Network Tool. Other information about IJ Network Tool.
- When The Network tool completes the search, select Setup in the drop-down list in the upper left corner of the window
- If you receive the following message, click OK to continue.
- In The Setup screen, select the model, then click OK. The Type will be listed as Canon USB.
- Click Yes on the Confirm access point screen. Go to step 8. If the Access Points window appears instead of the connection point confirmation screen, go to step 7.
- On the Accepts Points screen, select the access point to use, enter the network password in the space provided, and click Connect. If you do not use encryption (not recommended), this step is skipped. If You don’t know this password, you might be able to get it by using the Canon PIXMA Wireless Setup Assistant. See the wireless Help on our website.
- After Searching for printers, the Setup window appears. Click Next.
- Select the printer and click Add.If The default printer browser does not specify the network printer, click More Printers and select the Canon IJ Network in the dropdown menu. Then Select the printer and click Add
- At this point, the setup is complete. If you have more screens on the Canon IJ Network Tool, close or cancel them, then disconnect the USB cable.